Lydia Talks: Catching Up


What a hectic few months it has been...

First and foremost, hello. Yes, I'm alive. 😂

You know that pesky think called life? It got in the damn way again. How rude of it! Nothing bad, just very unavoidable and something I needed to do for a while.

 If you're wondering, yes, I redesigned my website/blog. What I was using before wasn't working for me. So, this is all brand, spanking new and I can't wait to get back into blogging again.

So, what have I been doing? Well...


Last October, I found out that I was having another baby. It was a surprise. An extremely happy, scary surprise. I think I knew way before taking the test that I was pregnant. I had the signs and all that jazz, yet my reaction sitting in a public loo watching the test turn positive was still one of shock.

I think I might have even swore. A lot.

You know how it is at first. You find out something shocking and there's those few moments of sheer panic and fear. That positive test can't possibly be positive! I'll have to buy another. No, I'll buy ClearBlue, because that expensive shit won't lie to me.

I did buy ClearBlue, twice, and the result was the same. Note to self, you can never have a fake positive!

Shock turned into happiness, of course. But the following months that came I started suffering from severe exhaustion. The sickness was there, too, but I was just so tired I couldn't function. 

First trimester shenanigans. 

I definitely couldn't write or blog. Any energy I did have went on my other son. That passed, thankfully. Second trimester was a breeze and I found out that I was having another boy!

Then baby brain kicked in. For those saying baby brain isn't a thing, it really is. For me, anyway. When you can't stop thinking about baby things, it leaves little room for anything else. My thoughts are baby everything. 

So when you want to murder your characters, you can't, because you can't stop being a hormonal bitch.

I'm in my third trimester now and it's just staring to get hard again. But, aside from lack of sleep, appetite and energy, I'm writing again! If you know me, you know I can only write via mood, and I seem to write best when I'm feeling particularly gloomy. 

I know it will probably be like this for a while, especially once the baby comes. But I said to myself, if I can write something every day, even if it's just a couple of words, it'll be okay. After I come back from maternity leave, I should be back to my focused self.

For now, I'm editing as much as I can, so that when I come back fully, I have it ready to go. I'm not being forthcoming on that for a reason that I will get into in another blog post. 

Oh, I started watching Buffy the Vampire Slayer again. 


The love is eternal.

L 




Comments

  1. Congrats Lydia, take care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great surprise it is! Congratulations and I hope the rest of your last trimester goes by smoothly ����

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment